For the past year, I have been following a rather radical, multi-pronged daily routine to:
- virtually eliminate my risk of avoidable illness
- virtually eliminate my risk of avoidable running injuries
I am happy to say that my routine has thus far proven successful. I have not been sick for even a nano-second and I have not incurred as much as a muscle ache on the ‘avoidable injury’ front – this whilst maintaining a daily intense workout programme of natural method training drills, running, swimming and so on. Is this simply a fluke, good karma, God watching out for me or simply me dodging a bullet? I think not. What I do daily helps strengthen my immune system, full skeletal-muscular system, neuromuscular proprioception system and hormonal system. In other words, this is NO accident…
I will give you a layout of my daily routine:
- 20 minutes of transcendental meditation
- 5 minutes of natural method exercises to activate my body
- five minutes of seated quiet visual and mental focusing to quiet my mind
- 35 minutes of natural method circuits that include extensor muscle chain activation, unlocking of my hips and lower back, balancing and squaring up my body, creating total body symmetry and total body bracing
- 8 to 10 kilometre barefoot run
- a plunge into the lake – year round
- hopping barefoot in the snow (during all days of our Canadian winter)I allow myself approximately 2 hours to complete my daily programme
I obviously get up early each day (3:50 a.m. weekdays and 4:50 a.m. weekends). I also attempt to get 6 to 7 hours of deep sleep every night and never eat beyond 7:00 p.m. Combine all of this with a FAIRLY balanced nutritional focus and you understand why I am never sick, never suffer a serious illness, never needlessly injure my body running and exercising and, more than likely will live well beyond 100!! I may not know the time of day at that age BUT I’ll still be running barefoot and plunging into some body of cold water!
Care to join me???