I have developed a number of explosive power circuits done BAREFOOT in a gym setting to improve fatigue tolerance and total body bracing for safer, more efficient barefoot running. In this blog, I will outline the 1st of three such circuits that you may want too incorporate into your workout routine – especially if you have designs on running barefoot!
- a range of free weight dumbbells (5 to 20 lbs)
- a bosu ball
- a stability ball
Each exercise in the circuit should be done consecutively with no rest for 30 seconds. Progress to 60 seconds 3 times per week and add 1 circuit per week until you can do 3 full circuits.
- Clean and Jerk squat jumps with dumbbells
- Push-off Push-ups from rounded side of Bosu Ball
- Mountain Climber Lunge Jumps with hands on Stability Ball
- 1-legged Squat Hops holding dumbbells against chest on flat side of Bosu Ball
This is a rather advanced circuit. Proceed in stages, focusing on PERFECT technique. The results will speak for themselves!
For personal one-on-one or group training sessions or customized training and transitioning plans for barefoot or minimalist runners contact Coach Jeff at email@example.com