MADD’S STRIDES FOR CHANGE 5 KM RUN – Why Do It?
Mark down Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in your schedule.
The event will take place at J.C. Saddington Park along the shores of Lake Ontario in beautiful Port Credit (south Mississauga, Ontario, Canada).
This is a must-do run for all followers of coach Jeff, their families, friends and colleagues for a number of reasons:
- Coach Jeff is the co-race director!:-)) My good friend and running colleague, Andy Murie, is MADD’S CEO. He recruited me in July, 2012 to assist in making the Strides For Change race happen.
- MADD’s Mission Statement to “Stop impaired driving and support victims of this violent crime” struck a chord with me. Further, MADD is the leading anti-impaired driving organization in Canada with more than 100 Chapters and Community leaders plus 7,500 volunteers.
- MADD has 5 key focii of financial support that directly and positively impact anti-impaired driving:
- Youth services
- Victim services
- Public awareness & education
- Public policy
- Advancement of anti-impaired driving technology
- All funds raised from the SFC run on June 9, 2013 will go to support various MADD programmes – specifically those in youth & victim services.
Since forming in 1989, the list of MADD’s accomplishments toward reducing the incidence of impaired driving is impressive. To highlight a few:
1. Sweeping changes to federal impaired driving laws that have virtually eliminated the Carter Defense (accused word over scientific evidence).
2. Securing funds to develop a Bursary Endowment to ensure post-secondary education opportunities for youth who have lost a parent(s) to an impaired driving crash.
3. Providing comprehensive victim support services to more than 20,000 victims of impaired driving annually.
4. Teaching over one million children and teens (via MADD’s School Assembly Programmes) about the dangers of alcohol and drugs and the consequences of driving whilst impaired.
This is your opportunity to join the coach in support of MADD and help put a significant dent in the proliferation of impaired driving.
Simply click on the Register Now link via the Running Room website under MADD’s Stride For Change run.
I expect to see a record number of you on Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in J.C. Saddington Park, Port Credit!
Coach Jeff (click to email me for more info)